Infrastructure Team Lead
With Lalamove in Kowloon - HKMore jobs from Lalamove
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $54k - 105k
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead, Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: B2B, Logistics & Distribution, Transportation
Company size: 201-500 people
Company type: VC Funded
amazon-web-services, ansible, cloud, kubernetes, mysql
Lalamove is seeking a talented Team Lead for Infrastructure to join our growing technology team.
You’ll be driving the evolution of an agile culture by supporting software delivery teams with infrastructure and tooling. Also you’ll be fully responsible for evolving and delivering our AWS cloud infrastructure. Last but not least you’ll further develop our SRE team and capabilities.
We are currently working towards a fully immutable infrastructure approach using Kubernetes on top to manage our workloads and using Ansible for ad-hoc tasks as well as Terraform for things outside of the scope of Kubernetes.
You grow and develop an independent and fully empowered team and ensure that the whole environment - individuals, teams, processes, culture - undergoes a continuous improvement process.
What you will do:
- Lead an infrastructure team of around 10 highly qualified infrastructure engineers. Manage resource and people aspects of the infrastructure team.
- Provide infrastructure and tooling to make software delivery teams more productive.
- Provide cloud infrastructure and CI/CD tools to enable software delivery teams to deploy and operate their systems.
- Define and deliver supporting services like logging, tracing, monitoring, etc.
- Further improve our highly available, scalable, and self-healing Kubernetes infrastructure on the AWS platform.Enforce best practices and IT operations processes for a high load and high availability environment.
- Improve our system stability by further developing our SRE capabilities.
- Ensure repetitive work is automated.
- Participate in business discussions in order to define a software and infrastructure target architecture which meets current and future business requirements.
- Set up proper architecture principles and guidelines to support software delivery teams in taking architectural decisions which are in line with the target architecture.
- Support and facilitate the process of taking architectural decisions.
What you will need:
- 3+ years of experience in leading/mentoring/developing/coaching people and teams.
- Strong in mapping out a target IT infrastructure based on a business strategy.
- Strong in defining the strategy and tactics to getting there. 4-7 years of experience as a software engineer with exposure to software operations.
- Solid architectural skills.
- Understanding of agile software development processes and methodologies.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and managing container workloads.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with Kubernetes is required).
- Strong experience with MySQL as well as in-memory databases.
Nice to have:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate or Kubernetes Certified Administrator.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible and/or Terraform.