IT Systems Engineer
With SparkCognition in Austin TX USMore jobs from SparkCognition
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
azure, amazon-web-services, jenkins
SparkCognition is an AI leader that offers business-critical solutions for customers in energy, oil and gas, manufacturing, finance, aerospace, defense, and security. A highly awarded company recognized for cutting-edge technology, SparkCognition develops AI-powered, cyber-physical software for the safety, security, reliability, and optimization of IT, OT, and the Industrial IoT.
In this role, you'll be a player in IT team where you will assist in deploying hardware, provisioning accounts, and on/off-boarding new employees. In addition, you will assist in improving IT processes and take on other duties as needed.
You'll also build solutions for on prem and GCP/AWS/Azure cloud integration, cloud management, monitoring and data center automation around platforms that support us. Our platforms, networks, security architecture and partner integrations presenting technically challenging scalability and performance problems, so you'll need a strong aptitude for learning new technologies, and an ability to solve complex problems, collaborating with peers across multiple cross-functional teams. Some other things you'll do regularly include:
- Develop, deploy and support self-service tools in a DevOps methodology that enable network, database, application and other engineers in GCP/AWS/Azure and within in our on premise infrastructure.
- Setup on prem network, storage and security environments, leveraging an "infrastructure as code" approach using MAAS/Terraform and other open source tools.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architectures.
- Handle end-user requests; troubleshoot issues with hardware, software, applications and network.
- Collaborate with security team for systems security and management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or related field.
- Strong technical skills with the ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently, while closely collaborating with teammates and management.
- Experience as a system administrator or software engineer leveraging open source technologies, automation/config management tools (such as Juju, Ansible, Salt, Jenkins, SCCM, JAMF) and scripting or other languages (such as Bash, Python or RESTFul API).
- Experience with GCP/AWS/Azure environments is a plus.
- Broad technology background with understanding of Openstack, VMware, Kubernetes, Databases, NFS/Samba Storage and Networking.
- Experience with Active Directory/AzureAD is a plus.
- Build engineering automation and productivity tools to efficiently scale applications in the production environment using Jenkins, Bitbucket, Gitlab and JIRA.
- Ability to break down requirements and get things done.