With Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, user-experience
Designs, develops and documents programs for company usage. Performs maintenance and modifications on existing programs. Analyzes and evaluates user requirements characterized by more complex programming and analytical requirements. Develops customizations, interfaces and reports based on end user requirements. Has strong SQL programming skills. Writes complex queries that use data from PCOM’s integrated computer system (Banner). Assumes responsibility for providing secondary support of other applications. Analyzes hardware and software alternatives and works on special projects as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities** :**
Duties and responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives and quality assurance.
- Supports proprietary software as needed.
- Analyzes and evaluates present or proposed business procedures or problems to define hardware and software needs.
- Assists in problem analysis and preparation of programming specifications, including flowcharts. Writes computer programs based on design specifications.
- Helps standards for systems analysis and definition of user requirements. Interacts with users through various phases of design, implementation and maintenance.
- Assumes responsibility for the design and implementation of systems to meet user requirements.
- Codes, tests, debugs and installs programs including preparing flowcharts.
- Collaborates with other interested departments in the selection and setup of computer applications appropriate to their activities.
- Helps establish programming standards and evaluation methods for use in the department and throughout the college.
- Develops long-range and short-range plans and schedules for the acquisition and installation of hardware and software for the transition from existing systems to new systems.
- Answers personnel inquiries via telephone concerning systems operation. Diagnoses system hardware and software problems. Recommends or performs remedial actions to correct problems based on knowledge of system operation.
- Evaluates and recommends various software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
- Evaluates requests for system enhancements and provides timetable for completion. Monitors all projects in development and provides weekly status report to supervisor.
- Maintains established department policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control (computer viruses).
- Maintains professional contacts with other companies, research bodies and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment.
- Monitors all projects and provides periodic status reports.
- Plans user training for new systems and programs.
- Researches new developments in hardware and software. Keeps abreast of latest developments and studies regarding effective procedures and methods in software customization.
- Tests and debugs programs for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares written documentation as required by the profession and the department.
- Evaluates requests for user assistance and provides timetables for completion.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in service meetings and workshops.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
E ducation and Background:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.)
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of responsibility and experience in Information Technology Services.
- A minimum of three (3) years of programming experience in a large complex organization.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL/Oracle SQL (other relational databases will be considered) and Relational Database Design/development. Some experience with Web technologies and development.
All inquiries MUST include:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Salary requirements
- Three (3) references, preferably from current or former supervisors
PCOM adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.