Senior Information Security Engineer
With Deposit Solutions GmbH in Hamburg - DEMore jobs from Deposit Solutions GmbH
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services, Financial Technology, fintech
Company size: 201-500 people
Company type: VC Funded
security, python, bash, sysadmin
Deposit Solutions, one of the fastest growing fintech globally, provides the market changing Open-Banking platform for the financial industry. Through our innovation, banks can offer their end-customers a broad product line-up from different banks, thereby increasing their clients’ choice and market transparency. With our first application, focusing on savings deposits, banks looking for funding can gather deposits from new markets and client groups without having to set up and operate their own retail infrastructure, and depositors can access best-in-class deposit offers through their home bank account.
Currently our platform is connecting banks from 16 countries and in turn 30m depositors, we managed to mediate EUR 13bn.
At Deposit Solutions we constantly strive to work with the latest and most powerful technologies. We are an Agile house, focused on continuous delivery and integration with the latest methodologies and innovations in the field. Our Development, QA and Infrastructure/DevOps departments work closely, with open communication lines and a focus on individual empowerment. Our “you build it, you run it” culture gives each of our contributors the possibility to be immersed and hands-on with the latest techs and tools, always counting with the extensive support of peer specialists and subject matter experts.
We are looking to welcome a Senior Information Security Engineer that will drive and own our technical InfoSec initiatives. Reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure, this position will require the demonstrated ability to conceive and drive solutions pre-emptively and independently as well as engage with stakeholders efficiently and persuasively.
- Identify and analyze security threats, vulnerabilities, and risks and also recommend mitigation strategies for each accordingly
- Design and implement enhancements to ensure that our backend environment is compliant with our security requirements
- Review and standardize security system configuration for backend systems
- Participate in the process of procuring, deploying, integrating and automating security solutions (SIEM, IDS, IPS, monitoring, patch management) for our environment
- Will review 3rd party vendors for compliance with security requirements
- Will evangelize security within the company and support in the internalization of security practices and processes
- Ensure that security incidents are properly logged and reported
- Conduct manual and automated internal and external security tests on our systems
- Collaborate with the ISO security team and convert their recommendations into working solutions
- You have strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in Linux security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols and cryptography
- You have good programming skills in Python, shell, and at least one more language
- You possess knowledge of network security (TCP/IP, SSH, TLS/SSL)
- You are experienced with SIEM, IDS, IPS, and security monitoring tools
- You have solid experience in penetration testing and security assessment
- You are familiar with application security and code reviewing tools
- You show excellent communication skills within technical and non-technical teams
- You have very good English skills