Site Reliability Engineer
With Actiance, Inc. in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Actiance, Inc.
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, sql, linux
- Support and maintain health of applications. Ensure application performance is consistently up to par.
- Write SQL queries to perform data change, research and produce ad hoc reports as required.
- Perform web configuration changes as required as quick solution when resolving issues or upon client requests.
- Take ownership and deliver high quality solutions for issues and requests.
- Resolve issues and requests in timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical teams.
- Comply with standard processes when implementing solutions.
- Must able to be on call. Flexible in working extended hours on occasion or as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- The candidate will need 3 -4 years of experience in a UNIX, Ubuntu environment
- Experience in Monitoring & system Management tools such as Nagios, Splunk, and Puppet etc.
- Basic concepts of corporate network, colo and cloud
- Knowledge of SQL queries.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Great problem solver.
- Hands on experience in Linux server environment that includes but not limited to basic commands to move around file system, review scheduled jobs and moving files for support purposes.
- Experience with formatting database queries.
- Knowledge of scripting language PERL, PHP, Shell scripting etc.
- Knowledge or experience on Cloud technologies are desirable
- Excellent Knowledge on Windows based Operating systems, Exchange.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Computer Science or other related engineering fields