Software Developer IT - Creative solutions for the end user!
With General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada in Ottawa - CAMore jobs from General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Aerospace, Defence & Security, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Private
linux, git, java, python, sysadmin
On a typical day you will be working in a cross trained team of professionals in the IT business area developing, deploying, supporting and maintaining system applications. You will work closely with end users to understand their project needs in order to provide a creative solution.
You will bring with you experience in:
- Basic knowledge of networking (firewalls, ports and protocols)
- Knowledge of software design and programming principles, working in a DevOps environment
- Programming Knowledge for Linux OS and platforms using development tools (Git, Robot Framework, Selenium) and languages (Java, Python)
- Willing/loves to work in a team environment, developing consensus rather than going it alone.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent.
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance.
(Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position).
Ideally, you may also have experience of some of the following:
- Windows server 2016
- Active directory, network architecture, storage architecture, file permissions and docker containers
- MSSQL and/or Oracle databases
- Experience with IIS
- PowerShell scripts out of the box and maintenance and writing of custom scripts
- Experience with XML configuration files & various programming languages