Software Engineer (Database Internals, Systems, Storage, Networking)- All Levels
With Salesforce in San Francisco CA USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
database, mysql, postgresql, linux, java, sysadmin
Software Engineers (Database Internals, Systems, Storage, Networking) - All Levels - (Senior/Lead/Principal) (Multiple Locations)
Note: By applying to the Software Engineers, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineer will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Locations - Burlington MA, Indianapolis IN, San Francisco CA, Bellevue WA, Herndon VA, Vancouver BC Canada
About Salesforce Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering
Our Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day. ?
(Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video
We are Salesforce Engineering
Are you a database expert, passionate about building technology that supports staggering growth and innovation? Join the teams that build the critical services that keep our databases and applications running smoothly. You will help deliver game-changing technology that will enable capacity management through scalable, intelligent data migration. We are looking for exceptional developers at all levels to take on big challenges and innovate on our database technology.
- Lead design and development of the core database system functionalities
- Come up with innovative ideas to improve performance and scalability in a large-scale platform
- Implement comprehensive functional and system-test for your area of responsibility and for overall database quality
- Debug, conduct root cause analysis, diagnose defects
- Actively participate in the release and deployment process
- Expertise in object-oriented programming in any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python
- Experience building a high-performance large-scale platform
- Strong understanding of data structures, design patterns, concurrency, and scalability
- Experience in a UNIX/Linux data center environment with fluency in command line interfaces and shell scripting
- Strong understanding of schema design and SQL development
- Experience with relational database internals and systems development
- Experience with scaling MySQL at significant levels including sharding and master/master replication
- Develop scalable, resilient and fault tolerant transactional and distributed systems
- Experience developing test automation frameworks for complex systems
- Experience with database catalog, upgrade, query execution, query optimization
- PostgreSQL software development experience and community involvement as a contributor
- Experience with highly concurrent multi-threaded/multi-process data structures and design
- Performance measurement, analysis, and optimization
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.