Software Engineering Leadership All Levels (Manager/Director/SR Director)
With Salesforce in Herndon VA USMore jobs from Salesforce
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Information Technology
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, java, cloud, kubernetes, tcp, sysadmin
Software Engineering Leadership All Levels (Manager/Director/SR Director) (Multiple Locations)
Note: By applying to the Software Engineering Leadership, posting recruiters and hiring managers across the organization hiring Software Engineering Leader will review your resume. Our goal is for you to apply once and have your resume reviewed by multiple hiring teams.
Locations - Burlington MA, Indianapolis IN, San Francisco CA, Bellevue WA, Herndon VA, Vancouver BC Canada
About Salesforce Technology, Marketing & Product Engineering ?
Our Technology, Marketing & Products Engineering team is responsible for innovating and maintaining a massive distributed systems engineering platform that ships hundreds of features to production for tens of millions of users across all industries every day. Our users count on our platform to be highly reliable, lightning fast, supremely secure, and to preserve all of their customizations and integrations every time we ship. Our platform is deeply customizable to meet the differing demands of our vast user base, creating an exciting environment filled with complex challenges for our hundreds of agile engineering teams every day. ?
Check out our "We are Salesforce Engineering" video
We are Salesforce Engineering
Infrastructure, Software Engineering Leadership Description:
As a part of the Infrastructure, Software Engineering Leadership you will drive innovation, empower and motivate a team of seasoned engineers in an agile environment. Your technical aptitude will be used to lead the team to create enterprise architecture designs, standard documentation, transition, and migration strategies. The team will draw on your past experience leading software engineering efforts, providing leadership direction, overseeing development projects, product definition through authoring engineering plans, epics and user stories, and overall team health and efficiency.
- Eat, sleep, and breathe services. You have experience balancing live-site management, feature delivery, and retirement of technical debt across an entire development team
- Passionate about engineering productivity and service ownership and customer success
- Passionate about Continuous Integration and Delivery and driving teams to adopt this delivery model
- A passion for leading development teams in the creation of large, modular, and maintainable code bases
- Excited by building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
- Experience designing, developing, debugging, and operating resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- Capable of driving and delivering thin slices of functionality on a regular cadence with data-driven feedback loops in an agile environment
- 10+ years of development experience
- 7+ years managing development or mixed engineering teams
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience in a Linux/UNIX data center environment
- Prior experience in any of the following languages: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Go, Scala, Python, Bash, Chef
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Loves to explain the technology and has a gift for concisely explaining complex topics
- Experience with software-based infrastructure such as AWS, GCP, Azure, GCE, CoreOS
- Experience with container orchestration systems Kubernetes, Docker, Helios, Fleet
- Network technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, SQL, HTTP
- Experience with open source projects like HBase, Phoenix, Kafka, HDFS, Hadoop, Cassandra, Zookeeper, OpenTSDB, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Puppet, Spinnaker
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- CI/CD experience with Jenkins
- Public cloud engineering on GCP, AWS and or Azure platforms ?
Cloud provisioning and infrastructure
Implementation experience of large infrastructure projects
- MS in Computer Science or related field, or
- BS in Computer Science plus relevant job-related experience
Are you an upcoming or recent graduate (within the past 2.5 years)? Please check out our FutureForce program at www.salesforce.com/futureforce. We appreciate your interest but we are seeking industry experienced engineers.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” five years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce Engineering behind the cloud?
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.