Sr. Enterprise Data Engineer - Lead
With Tempo Software in Montreal - CAMore jobs from Tempo Software
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Business Process Optmization, Enterprise Software
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, etl, amazon-kinesis, database, database-design, sysadmin
We're looking for an experienced Enterprise Data Engineer to join Tempo in Montreal. This person will be very hands-on and will report to the engineering department.
You will be responsible for helping to define and build the future state of Tempo ?s reporting, analytics, data integration and data governance needs. You will be working closely with a team of skilled engineers as well as our management team and other stakeholders to develop the strategy, technical solution and implementation roadmap.
This role is responsible for supporting the data and business intelligence needs of our teams, both in Reykjavik and Montreal, ensuring that our stakeholders have the information and reporting tools needed to support our business process and help support the strategic direction of our enterprise data warehouse, including the long-range planning, outsourced resources, and technical architecture.
The role involves:
- Design, develop, implement and deliver solutions for collecting / integrating data from multiple sources while adhering to Data privacy regulations.
- Apply industry best practices for extracting, transforming and loading new data sources.
- Establish and manage data collection and integration operations shared over a complex infrastructure.
- Mentor junior engineers with code review and best practices.
- Deliver tested, clean and well documented code that meets organizations engineering practices and definition of done.
- Develop good working relationships with stakeholders from various departments.
- Strong communication skills to provide regular updates to assigned initiatives to senior management.
- Creating application architecture diagrams, process flow diagrams, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Ensuring that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Partnering with other team members as well as cross-functional partners to support business processes and system solutions.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience working with distributed systems, AWS experience preferable
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Experience with data bus architecture and/or stream data solutions, e.g. AWS Kinesis
- Experience is data flow architectures and implementations
- Experience in data lake file schema creation (e.g. Avro) highly preferred
- Experience with ETL processes from big data sources highly preferred
- Thorough testing and code review standards/practices
- Openness to new technologies and creative solutions
- Has great communication and collaboration skills
- Has experience working with agile software development teams
Applicants must have a valid work permit for Canada and be ready for interviews in the Montreal office.