Sr. Oracle DBA
With Applied Resource Group in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Applied Resource Group
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
oracle, sysadmin, unix
Senior Oracle DBA
The Oracle Database Administrator role is responsible for database maintenance, troubleshooting, upgrades, patching, backup/recovery, and overall Oracle DB performance tuning. Limited shared on-call support remotely. This role is within in a large enterprise environment where internal client facing is a must. Must be able to interact with wide variety of levels within the organization as problems arise. Will work alongside other Oracle DBA on the team inside a larger broader DBA team. Great team atmosphere while being able to shine and grow as an individual contributor, while learning from team members. Casual work environment with ability for remote work at managers discretion and proven ability to grasp the environment.
- Maintains database system performance though regular system monitoring, analysis and performance tuning; troubleshooting hardware, software, network and operating systems; designing and running system load/stress tests; escalating database problems.
- Secures database system by developing system access, monitoring and control mechanisms
- Establishes and tests disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Installs, upgrades and patches database system by adopting industry recognized best practices and conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Proactively manage and monitor databases and database services, taking appropriate action for well documented processes.
- Investigate, develop and implement processes for future mitigation of re-occurring problems.
- Establish database and database service monitors, developing scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Perform installation and configuration of database software and related products. Manage the regular patching process for the servers and database software.
- Tasked with continuous re-evaluation of the database architecture and capacity planning. Make proposals and recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Lead troubleshooting of database performance tuning and connectivity issues, providing root cause analysis and future mitigation steps.
- Tune the OS and hardware to achieve optimal performance.
- Assist in making/ensuring environments are SOX/HIPAA/PCI compliant.
- Work collaboratively with our other UNIX, SAN and System administrators.
- 6+ years of Oracle experience
- 6+ years of Oracle DBA experience
- OCA or OCP certification a plus
- 6+ years of Linux/AIX/RedHat experience
- 3+ years of Unix scripting experience (Shell, Bash, Pearl, etc)
- 3+ years of SAN/NAS experience
- Proven ability to automate routine tasks
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning database and applications
- IBM pSeries hardware experience
- Must have strong understanding of the Oracle 11g and Oracle 12c RDBMS
- Must have experience with ASM/Grid services setup, configuration and administration
- Experience using Oracle Data Guard and Data Guard Broker