SRE - Structured Product Team
With Bloomberg LP in New York NY USMore jobs from Bloomberg LP
Posted on May 14, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Data & Analytics, Financial Technology, News
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
c++, python, qt, splunk, grafana
Our Structured Products Applications team owns a distributed system that operates across tens of thousands of cores. We are looking for a self-starter who will take initiative in monitoring and improving our system's performance and health. We'll trust you to identify opportunities to improve stability and performance and work collaboratively across teams to make these enhancements. You will be authorized to refactor, improve, or redesign any component of the system if the benefits warrant it.
Our system is built with Python and C++ microservices which rely heavily upon statelessness and caching through distributed memcached.
Join our fast paced, growing engineering team to help us expand our efforts within the SRE Space. You will partner with other engineers to lead our transformation and come up with innovative solutions.
We’ll trust you to:
- Use a mix of Splunk, Grafana/MetricTank, and proprietary technologies for monitoring and alarming.
- Improve the configurations of these tools to improve the quality and coverage of our automated metrics and alarms.
- Stay up to date with best practices in the industry and to help our organization implement them
You’ll need to have:
- 2 + years of experience as an SRE or Systems Engineer
- A BA, BS, MS PHD in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages (Python, C++)
- Experience with Splunk, Grafana, MetricTank, and Distributed Systems
- Knowledge of Unix or Linux Systems