Technical Support Analyst
With OpalStaff in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from OpalStaff
Posted on May 15, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, windows, web-services
Our client has a temporary ( six months long ) position role as a Technical Support Analyst. We expect this role to be a six-month contract. In this role, the Technical Support Analyst will be joining a Technical Support team that supports our client's customer base. The role is best suited to a personable individual with clear communication skills and a passion for helping customers. The ability to prioritize requests based on urgency and user impact is essential. The role would be ideal for someone who has held a similar position in a professional services company.
· Incumbent acts as a Technical Support advisor to staff on all information technology queries and provides state-of-the-art technology solutions in support of hardware computer and software
· Provides mid-level support and detailed knowledge of computer software and hardware, mid-level knowledge of network operating systems, advanced PC applications, Internet services, multi-media, and messaging software used internally
· Responsible for the process of on-boarding and off-boarding and initial training of staff
· Administration of hardware inventories and software licenses
· Supporting colleagues in project administration tasks
· Create knowledge base articles to improve the speed of resolution at Tier 1
· Take ownership of escalated tickets passed on from the Global Service Desk
· Log all calls in call logging system (ServiceNow)
· Take ownership of user issues and requests and follow up the status on behalf of the customer and communicate progress in a timely manner
· Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
· Active Directory knowledge: Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups, etc.
· Mid-level administration tasks – BES, MS Exchange, AirWatch, and DUO
· Blackberry and iPhone account management and provisioning
· High customer service skills
· Strong IT skills
· Ability work on own initiative and be fully autonomous
· Experience of working in a corporate IT environment
· Able to troubleshoot network issues – connectivity, performance
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010, 2016 and O365.
· Strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10
· Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work additional hours as required.
· Ability to learn and embrace new procedures and technologies
A broad technical experience that includes (but not limited to)
· PC Architecture, Citrix, Windows 7 and 10, MS Office 2010 and 2016
· Exposure to tablet and Smartphone devices.
· Experience supporting and maintaining VOIP telephony systems and call manager systems (Cisco)
· A good understanding of basic data and voice communications networks and systems
· Experience of Active Directory and Exchange user administration
· Experience of mobile technologies – Active Sync, Blackberry Enterprise, Air Watch, iOS, Android
· Experience of ServiceNow as an IT Service Management tool
· Must have a minimum of A+ or Network+ certification credentials. College degree or equivalent professional experience preferred.