Eng 2, Engineering Ops (XNOC)
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on May 18, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, web-services, amazon-web-services
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This team is tasked with supporting, Tech tools and Data Management Systems, including billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, transaction processing and location services for Business Services and Enterprise IT.
In this capacity, the team has responsibility for the critical systems our customer-facing employees depend upon in their daily work activities to provide the best possible experience to our customers.
The member of this team must work closely with application owners and build excellent working relationships. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record as a creative thinker, problem solver and a fast learner. The member of this organization needs to have a strong knowledge mix of both technical and business flows, as well as, a strong focus on customer experience. This team member should have demonstrated experience in Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
- Able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partnering with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and driving rigorous Problem Management to follow through on actions
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies
- Focused on reducing alerts and decreasing MTTR.
- Develops strong working partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Strong experience in Application Support and Operations, with Event management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Availability Management, and Change Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex situations clearly and plainly.
- 6+ years technical experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft authentication, Microsoft Windows and Networking, Security DNS, Cloud computing, Weblogic, or other areas as a developer or fix agent.
- Experience in cable industry preferred
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL or similar Operations methodologies
- Working Knowledge of any Cloud computing platform (Steel Cloud ,Elastic Cloud, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, etc).
- High level knowledge of Distributed Enterprise Applications including Load balancing.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer