SQL Server DBA (Cloud)
With Elan Partners in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Elan Partners
Posted on May 21, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sql-server, sysadmin
Title – Sr. SQL Server DBA (Cloud)
As the Sr. SQL Server DBA for our Dallas based client you will work closely with operations providing technical solutions on AWS to address scalability, reliability, security and performance for consumer facing systems. Ideal candidate will have experience in a hybrid cloud/on-prem environment. Great opportunity for someone with strong troubleshooting skills, who is passionate about technology to be a key contributor with these technically astute teams. Local candidates preferred. Our client is unable to sponsor.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years in MS SQL Server DBA experience in an eCommerce or consumer facing production environment.
- AWS database setup and migration experience.
- Knowledge of data mapping with logical and physical data modeling (snowflake preferred).
- Windows Server 2008/2012. Windows Server 2016 preferred
- Strong knowledge in database backups, restores and recovery models.
- SQL replication experience that includes Transactional Replication (TR), Always On Availability Groups (AG), mirroring, log shipping, maintenance plans and DR strategies.
- Hands on experience in database performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools that includes Profiler, Index Tuning Wizard, Dynamic Management Views and Functions (DMVs) and other third-party tools.
- Strong experience with enterprise monitoring tools. Spotlight and Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM), AppDynamics are preferred.
- Capable to develop T-SQL stored procedures, functions and PowerShell scripts to automate processes and improve system performance.
Nice to Have
- Microsoft SQL Server certification(s)
- Experience managing local and SAN data storage for SQL Server databases.
A large part of this role includes installation, administration and maintenance of standalone and clustered SQL Server and NoSQL database instances in development, testing, staging and production environments, while working closely with Cloud Architects to provide migration strategy of legacy systems to cloud. Within this migration you will design state-of-the-art solutions on AWS addressing scalability, reliability, security, and performance and apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
BENEFITS of working for our Client:
- Growing, Dynamic, Collaborative Environment
- 100% company-paid health and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability coverage
- Excellent 401K with matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous PTO