With Hays in CAMore jobs from Hays
Posted on June 02, 2019
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Looking for multiple Websphere Engineers to work on a digital transformation project in Vancouver or Toronto.
Client: Major Bank
Role: Websphere Engineer
Duration: 6 months, plus likely extension
Rate: Open *depending on experience
Location: Vancouver or Toronto (partial remote option)
Multiple Roles Available
Our client, a globally recognized bank is looking to hire a Websphere Engineer for a minimum 6 months based initially in Vancouver, with a partial remote option.
Your New Company
A leading bank, with multiple offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking for a Websphere Engineer for a 6 month contract initially in their Vancouver office, but offering a partial remote option. Candidates in Toronto are welcome to apply for the role, keep in mind you will initially be in Vancouver for the first 2 months. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your New Role
The company is is currently undergoing a huge transformation program upgrading all core digital technologies that transforms the way traditional systems design, develop, deploy, and manage the applications they create. The new digital technology platform is entirely cloud based and because of the transformational nature of the digital platform, there are lots of products and projects that need to be re-designed, augmented, enhanced, or even replaced. You should be comfortable in big data centers and working in complex environments.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
* WebSphere Application Server
* Required: IBM Middleware WAS / WPS / IHS / MQ (Command Line Only)
* Required: Redhat Linux (Command Line Only)
* Linux: Bash Shell, Jython, Python Scripting, Perl, VI
* MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
Nice to have:
* Worked in a Large Enterprise/banking environment preferred
* English/Spanish Bilingual
What You'll get in Return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for the contract.
If you're available and interested in this role, please apply online as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.
Skills & requirements
* WebSphere Application Server * Required: IBM Middleware WAS / WPS / IHS / MQ (Command Line Only) * Required: Redhat Linux (Command Line Only) * ldap/ADAM/odsee * Linux: Bash Shell, Jython, Pytho