Exec Director, Data Center Software Architecture
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on June 05, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
automation, networking, python
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for providing strategic leadership and executive oversight to all aspects of the Data Center Software Development and Engineering department projects and activities. Develops business objectives, project standards, and performance goals (within assigned areas) that are competitive with industry standards. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions. Contributes to the development of the organization's business strategy. Interprets business strategy and develops organizational objectives to align with this strategy.Typically manages multiple teams of professionals.
Lead the next-gen DC architecture for standardization and optimization for virtualization
Manage and build a team to define and implement fully automated CICD process for DC deployment
Re-architect DC high-availability and resiliency
Define strategy to standardize infrastructure for internal customers (e.g., VIPER, SE and IT) for automation and integration
Define DC network SLA architecture
Lead the end-to-end security architecture for DC, private and public clouds
Actively lead the conversation with Dan Copper's team for 10-year DC facility planning
Define DC networking vendor strategy (e.g., TOR, SONiC and Merchant Silicon)
Proven industry track record to lead large scale and complex DC architecture
Lead to define standard models of Data Center services (e.g., EVPN, ECMP, DC-Routing and Peering)
Solid experience in DC networking and automation
Familiar with automation tools such as Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform and
Good programming skill of Python is a plus
Extensive experience building business cases and presenting to senior executives
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 14+ years related experience
- Creates and drives organizational development and strategies. Develops and evaluates software in alignment with the Company's overall vision and business goals to leverage company initiatives.
- Leads Software Development and Engineering team in the development of new software and web applications, and provides continued support for existing applications and applications in development. Oversees implementation initiatives, software updates, and the roll-out of new software releases.
- Communicates and establishes relationships with vendors and other functional areas of the business.
- Provides leadership and direction to department personnel for management and non-exempt employees.
- Represents department views and influences decisions on potential software issues. Partners with other corporate functions and relevant business units to ensure that software development needs are monitored and addressed as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer