Reliability Engineer - 2
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on June 05, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
The Engineer 2, Operations Engineer will be responsible for Enterprise Application production support and Reliability engineering. This team is tasked with supporting Billing, Activation, Middleware, Customer Care Applications and other enterprise Management Systems including security, authorization, transaction processing and location service applications.
In this capacity, theOperations Engineer is responsible for Reliability and uptime of Business critical systems used by customer-facing employees to provide the best possible experience to our customers.
This roles demands strong communication ,technology and exploratory skill to work closely with Development orgnizations, and other vendors for Incident Management and Problem Management of any production issues .
- Operates within a world-class team focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies.
- Develops strong technical knowledge of the applications and services we support, is able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partners with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and drives rigorous Problem Management to follow through on action items.
- Collaborates with development teams to understand application changes and identify potential issues that may arise, create implementation and back-out plans, and oversee the implementation during the scheduled maintenance window.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced 24x7 technical operations environment.
- Deliver clear and precise communications, both verbally and in writing.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- To work Off Business hours or variable schedule(s) as business demands within a rotational on-call schedule.
- Strong experience with Incident Management , Problem Management, Service Availability Management, and Change Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly.
- 2 -5years technical experience with BSS platforms, Middleware & Business integration.
- Knowledge of Digital technology, web technology , Cloud services .
- Preferred knowledge in Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite), mulesoft, SOAP, ESB, OSB, Weblogic, Rest services (JSON), WSDL, XML, XSL/XSLT, VISIO, Excel, API, Microservices, WebLogic, Cloud, LaaS, PaaS.
- Knowledge of Amdocs/CSG Billing system preferred
- Experience in running Billing Operations
- Experience in cable industry preferred
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer