Software Development Manager
With Amazon in Sunnyvale CA USMore jobs from Amazon
Posted on June 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager- Connectivity, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to innovate, design and build best in class connectivity solutions. You will work on Bluetooth BR/EDR, BLE and 802.15.4 based technologies such as ZigBee and Thread.
You and your team will work closely with the hardware, operations, application, platform, backend and quality assurance teams to make our products a reality. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The connectivity team is responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, you will:
· Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
· Provide hands on technical leadership to the team, including your own code contributions.
· Implement process improvements for both your own and surrounding teams.
· Advise senior and executive management
· Define detailed technical requirements from high level product descriptions and enable your team to do the same.
· Define and drive the necessary activities needed for data driven chipset selection.
· Drive and facilitate innovation within the team
· Manage team budget, headcount projections, recruiting and continuous performance evaluations.
· Monitor, drive and facilitate individual growth of your teams individual contributors
· Provide testing facilities
· Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware
· Work with the applications and user-space teams to ensure an adequate level of functionality and reporting
· Follow specification, standards developments and technology roadmaps
· Achieve certification for all Bluetooth, ZigBee and Thread platforms
· Be able to occasionally travel internationally
Skills & requirements
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Excellent technical leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
· Understanding of embedded development constraints and system performance.
· 3+ years of management experience in consumer electronics product development
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or similar technical field
· 7+ years of experience doing hands-on software development, with experience writing Linux kernel (drivers or core), as well as Bluetooth, ZigBee or Thread stack code.
· 3+ years of experience in one or more specific technical areas such as USB, UART, audio, WiFi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, Thread, filesystems, system performance or wireless devices
· 3+ years of experience in specifications and standards of at least one of the following technologies; Bluetooth, ZigBee, Thread, 802.15.4.
· 3+ years of experience with driving products or platforms through certification and type approval
· 3+ years of experience with capturing and analyzing stack, HCI and over the air sniffer logs in wireless technologies such as Bluetooth, ZigBee or Thread
· Master’s degree
· Experience with other wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, LTE, Z-wave.
· Experience with wireless coexistence between Bluetooth, LTE, ZigBee, Thread, Wi-Fi.
· Experience in RF characterization and mitigations strategies in constrained environments.
· Data analysis and debugging skills
· Linux on ARM CPUs
· JTAG experience
· Android development experience.
· Shell scripting experience
· Application development experience
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation