Eng 4, Product Dev Engineering
With Comcast in Reston VA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on June 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, web-services, design
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for researching, designing, planning, developing, and/or evaluating new, advanced technologies by translating customer requirements or strategic business objectives into final product design. Works with engineering, marketing, customer service, and engineering support to develop detailed design, project plans, and product launch.
This position is for a Product Development Engineer role for Residential Data Services.
The responsibility of this position is end-to-end accountability of products and services for Comcast residential broadband customers, including
- Product definition, priority, and roadmap
- System integration both internal and external to solution
- Performance and scale engineering
- End-to-end testing
- Vendor management
- Product support
- Product launch coordination
- Works with other members of cross-functional teams, joint ventures, third party vendors and Company's Product Managers and Marketing teams to deliver quality products, in a timely fashion, that meet defined requirements.
- Participates in the Company product lifecycle process, contributes to and/or creates product and technical requirements, detailed design documents including transaction, capacity and bandwidth models, systems definitions, and operational procedures as part of this process.
- Ensures that projects are properly accepted into the engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner and smoothly transitioned into Quality Assurance and Operations teams.
- Provides guidance and accepts accountability for the performance and reliability of various cross-platform applications and services, and ensures that system failures are restored in a timely manner.
- Recommends courses of action, technology, technical solutions, long term vision and vision of what needs to happen to grow the Company.
- Develops state-of-the art solutions to maximize on technology and business applications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Good understanding of SDWAN technologies
- Experience in deploying and scaling large scale systems.
- Experience working with deployment tools like ansible, puppet and Terraform.
- Expert level understanding of deploying software on openstack and AWS cloud
- Proficient in Linux administration
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale systems.
- Proficient in one of the programming language like Python, Ruby or Perl
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer