Robotics Systems Software Engineer, Amazon Scout
With Amazon in Seattle WA USMore jobs from Amazon
Posted on June 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, c++, python
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We're looking for an experienced engineer capable of building and delivering functioning robotics systems software that will be deployed at a global scale. In this role you will design and implement a wide range of low-level systems software on our hardware platform including Linux kernel modules, network stack components, and build tools. The ideal candidate will have experience with practical implementations of robotics and real-time systems software on diverse hardware platforms.
Skills & requirements
· BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional programming experience and fluency in C++ and Python
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience in Linux application development
· Experience programming with concurrency and multithreading
· Experience developing tools and build systems
· Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in a fast-paced environment
· Development experience in Embedded Linux systems
· Knowledge of ROS, NIST NML, JAUS (SAE AS-4), or other robotic standards or frameworks.
· Experience programming with real-time operating systems
· Experience working with sensors, actuators, and other electromechanical devices
· Experience working with safety-critical software
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age