SAP HCM Techno Functional Resource
With American Water in Camden NJ USMore jobs from American Water
Posted on June 07, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Energy & Utilities
Company size: 5k-10k people
Company type: Private
sap, abap, hana
We are seeking a SAP HCM Techno Functional Resource for the Technology and Innovation group at American Water. The selected candidate will ensure design, configuration and development of systems meet specifications, requirements and overall business needs. The Technologist collaborates with other functional/technical analysts and handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to create design and specifications for custom software components, enhancements or customizations
- Able to develop different HCM objects including Interfaces, user exits, smart forms, workflows etc.
- Analyzes existing custom developments, objects, and modifications, and evaluate the impact of changes on them
- Able to configure HR, Benefits, Time Management and Payroll according to the business process requirements
- Perform unit testing for any configuration/development within HCM area including HR, Benefits, Time Management and Payroll
- Maintains expert knowledge of SAP development tools, technologies and related delivery methods
- Able to support the deployment of changes by updating and distributing documentation of own custom developments/configuration according to SAP Standard for Custom Code Management.
- Identify and decommission unused custom code
- Conduct application testing (new support packages, releases, functionality, and customizing) in close cooperation with the delivery teams
- General SAP functional and technical knowledge
- Expertise in development of different HCM objects including Interfaces, user exits, smart forms, workflows etc.
- Expertise in configuration related to SAP HR, Benefits, Time Management, CATS, Time Evaluation schema with clock times, Payroll SAP industry templates and best practices
- Expertise SAP test methodologies knowledge
- Knowledge of end-to-end development process
- Experience with SAP Solution Manager CCLM
- Gateway O-Data performance analysis
- 7+ years’ experience in SAP HCM Technical domain
- 5+ years’ experience in SAP HCM functional domain
- Prior experience working within a SAP CoE
- Experience with S/4HANA is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills
- Should be a self-starter with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge
- Good Collaboration, prioritization and team working skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment with virtual teams
- A passion for working on projects where there is some element of unknown and ambiguity
- Should be able to work independently and take initiative to find/develop solutions for business requirements.
- BS /MS in Computer Science, Computer Applications, Information Technology, Engineering or MBA or with strong academic background