Software Developer 3
With Siemens AG in Chicago IL USMore jobs from Siemens AG
Posted on June 07, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $90k - 115k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: Desktop Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Electronics, Industrial Automation, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
c#, .net, agile, java
- To design, develop and deliver high quality components and features for designs on component level solutions via design and requirement / specifications. You should have the ability to gather and interpret data in areas that are more complex and less clearly defined.
- Collaborate in reviews of internal development and documentation of your peers including functional and design specifications, code, test plans, and other relevant documentation.
- Ensure rigorous standards by designing and executing component unit tests and following code quality aspects including but not limited to clean code principles and measurement principles.
- Communicates with internal and external customers to understand the needs and provide the proper solution.
- Provide technical support to resolve technical issues as seen at customer sites. Reports and investigates defects discovered by providing clear descriptions of causal scenarios and impact on product's quality and performance
- Contributes to professional development environment by adhering to development standards in the development of system components.
- Contributes to the continuous integration and development builds via the configuration environment.
- Develops understanding of corporate product line and technologies by gaining knowledge of product functionality and end-user operations.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experienced with .Net and C#
- Skilled in Java and WPF
- Can work in an open environment and has skills with agile development approaches.
- Collaborates well in teams and can work on individual assignments.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve, develop new skills, and stay current with technology.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of well-recognized software design patterns
- User Experience (UX) design and interaction evaluation
- Experience with Lean / Agile processes and project management tools are strongly desired
- Has knowledge or experience in the HVAC or related industry
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.