Cyber Security Researcher
With Charles River Analytics in Cambridge MA USMore jobs from Charles River Analytics
Posted on June 09, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
security, c, python, scala, java
We are seeking a creative cyber security researcher who will contribute to the development of innovative solutions to challenging problems in cyber security.? You will collaborate with our team in the development of intelligent cyber security software, attacker modeling, cyber-physical systems research, vulnerability discovery and mitigation, and malware analysis. At Charles River Analytics, you will work in small, project-oriented teams of scientists and software engineers that create software prototypes of new research concepts. You will help understand the problem, research approaches, design solutions, and evaluate the results. You will connect with other cyber security researchers in the community and apply new techniques to the latest challenges. At Charles River, we foster an environment where researchers are free to pursue their own interests and are supported by a community of bright, enthusiastic individuals to help them thrive.
- Research solutions to challenging cyber security problems
- Analyze systems or architectures to identify and evaluate security strengths and weaknesses
- Model attacker goals, behaviors, and attacks
- Work with people in a diverse set of fields to develop novel solutions to current cyber analysis limitations
- Develop cyber security software solutions including design, code development, and testing
- Work independently on research and development related tasks
- Prepare technical reports and documentation
- Contribute to future research though proposal preparation and expanding existing technical capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with at least 2 years of software development experience in languages such as Java, C, C++, Python, ,Scala or other languages
- Working knowledge of cyber security, including one or more of: malware analysis, reverse engineering, vulnerability detection/mitigation, cyber physical systems, information assurance
- Working knowledge of hacking tools and techniques such as memory corruption, fuzzing, rootkits, browser attacks, network attacks, IDA Pro, Valgrind, Metasploit, nmap, Nessus, etc.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to multi-task effectively in a stimulating, multi-disciplinary, cutting edge science and engineering environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A passion for analyzing complex software systems for security flaws
- U.S. Citizenship
Preferred Requirements and Experience:
Participation in Cybersecurity activities (Capture the Flag, etc.)
Current certifications and/or an interest in pursuing security engineering certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Knowledge or development experience with embedded systems and/or cyber physical systems
Knowledge of emerging distributed computing technologies such as Cloud Computing
Experience in artificial intelligence or machine learning
Experience working with U.S. Government and intelligence community research organizations, including DARPA, IARPA, ONR, AFRL, Army Futures Command, and/or with other defense-related R&D companies
- Code and writing samples may be requested (please include a link to source code on your resume if you have one e.g. GitHub). Links to published/discovered vulnerabilities are also encouraged.
Charles River Analytics offers competitive compensation plus bonus and profit-sharing, with an attractive benefits package including: 100% employer-paid medical and dental insurance, as well as vision, life and disability insurance, paid maternity/paternity leave, tuition reimbursement, monthly gym allowance, free parking, generous paid time off, and a casual environment. We are also accessible by public transportation.