IT Senior Software Developer
With Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) in Ottawa - CAMore jobs from Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
Posted on June 09, 2019
About this job
Compensation: C$79k - 96k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 1k-5k people
Company type: Public
hadoop, bigdata, java, .net, angularjs, sysadmin
The Information Technology Solutions and Services (ITSS) Branch is the centralized authority for all matters pertaining to the delivery of corporate Information Technology (IT) services. We design and develop innovative information technology applications and systems and provide ongoing support of core information systems and services to enhance CSIS' ability to fulfill its mandate.
The Business Solutions Division (BSD) is responsible for providing software applications and other solutions that support the IT-based business needs of the Service, whether corporate or operational. These solutions include the support and development of custom software applications and/or integrating COTS products that meet business requirements.
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for leading technical teams and providing IT expertise on the development and support of new and existing suite of solutions offered by the ITSS.
- Plan activities and lead technical resources to successful completion of solutions as per approved requirements.
- Lead the technical team through the development activities ensuring effective tasking, scheduling, co-ordination and monitoring of activities and resource tasking to the projects activities.
- Providing time estimates, task descriptions and resource requirements for the delivery of IT solutions.
- Gather and/or Participate in the definition and analysis of user requirements and recommend improvements to current business solutions.
- Develop technical solutions to meet business requirements, ensuring compliance with development best practices.
- Liaise with other branches from an IT perspective on all matters related to the assigned program area(s) and to provide any required technical expertise, advice, guidance and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other teams and clients in analyzing and developing solutions.
- Maintain and support existing Production systems through incident management, problem resolution, and implementation of enhancements to existing solutions.
- Support the installation and release of solutions to clients by developing and presenting information sessions and training seminars.
- Ensure the analysis and design of computer systems adhere to appropriate IT standards and best practices including policies and directives of the federal government, the Service, and other policy centres.
- Mentoring and knowledge transfer to other team members.
- Ensure existing documentation is up to date at all times.
- Undergraduate or Masters degree and three (3) years of related experience
- Technologist diploma or Professional technologist equivalency designation and four (4) years of relevant experience
Field of study: Computer science, electrical engineering, electronics, network security, telecommunications, or engineering.
The educational program must be from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada. If you completed a program outside of Canada you will be required to obtain proof of a Canadian equivalency at your expense from an accredited learning institution recognized in Canada.
Note: Any higher level of education could be recognized as experience.
The relevant experience is defined as experience performing the development and/or integration of software systems using one or more of the following technologies: C/C++, Java, C#, SQL, .Net, Visual Basic., Hadoop and/or Pega Business Process Management (BPM) rules engine.
In addition, candidates must also possess:
- three (3) years of significant and recent experience in custom coding and/or COTS integration and customization.
- one (1) year of recent experience leading the implementation and contributing to the technical design of an IT solution which meets business requirements.
- one (1) year of significant experience performing and guiding the troubleshooting of technical issues.
- one (1) year of recent experience in preparing technical solutions including duties such as feasibility studies and/or Proof of Concepts (POC) for application development and/or support issues
- one (1) year of significant and recent experience providing estimates as part of delivery plans for technical solutions.
Significant experience is defined as the depth and breadth of experience that would normally be acquired by a person in a position where the performance of these duties constitutes his or her main functions over that period of time.
Recent experience is defined as experience acquired within the last five years.
- Experience with Pega solution development.
- Analytical skills
- Behavioral flexibility