Backend Engineer - Infrastructure (Devops/SRE)
With TFG Co. in State of São Paulo - BRMore jobs from TFG Co.
Posted on June 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: R$120k - 240k | Equity
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer, DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Mobile Game
Company size: 201-500 people
Company type: Private
go, kubernetes, postgresql, node.js, apache-kafka
TFG is one of the largest mobile gaming companies in the world with over 1 Billion downloads. We are a team of passionate people making games that will leave their mark on an entire generation.
What is the infrastructure team
An engineer in our team works with a global scale infrastructure and has a great impact on millions of players. To guarantee the best experience possible, we count with several Kubernetes clusters spread around the world and connected to each other. We are in the cutting edge of open-source infrastructure technology, we adopted Kubernetes in production little after the project was launched and today we use technologies such as eBPF and Cilium in our network stack.
We handle billions of logs daily and have hundreds of nodes and thousands of containers to serve more than 1 million requests per minute. We know this number will only grow and we're looking for engineers that can help with the challenges of provisioning and operating infrastructure at large scale.
What you will do
You must understand our systems flows, diagnose problems in a production environment, identify points of improvement and automation, and guarantee that we have the necessary infrastructure to create the best games in the world.
Some problems you will encounter:
- Developing, monitoring and optimizing infrastructure clusters (Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Kafka...).
- Defining monitoring and observability patterns.
- Troubleshooting and incident management in production.
- Automation and improvements in infrastructure provisioning (Infrastructure as Code).
Who you are
We expect an engineer of the infrastructure team to have solid programming, network, and operational systems knowledge. We are always looking for new tools and technologies that better solve our problems, therefore we value professionals that like to learn new things, are autonomous and proactive to bring and implement their ideas.
Some characteristics we value on our team:
- Player-focused. We are player oriented and infrastructure has a great impact in their experience. Our focus is to have empathy with them to ensure they have an amazing experience. We aim for a top-level infrastructure, guaranteeing the highest availability possible.
- Automation is key to scaling. We look for engineers that have a history of projecting and executing automation projects in order to get rid of any manual and repetitive tasks.
- Calm and pragmatism. When everything seems to be falling apart around you, you have a plan and keep calm.
- Bleeding edge. You are curious and like to study new technologies, test new solutions and measure the impact brought by changes. We want to ensure we are using the best stack possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Linux knowledge. You should be able to discuss in detail what happens under the hood (SO, kernel, network).
- Solid knowledge in at least one programming language. We work mostly with Go and Python.
Relevant experience (plus)
- Experience with large scale production systems and technologies.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with monitoring systems (eg: Datadog, Statsd, Grafana, etc).
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools (eg: Ansible, Terraform, etc).
- Experience with messaging systems such as Kafka and Emqtt.
- Experience with database management (Postgres, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch).
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (eg: Jenkins, Travis, etc).