Customer Engineer, G Suite (English, Mandarin) - Singapore
With Google in Singapore - SGMore jobs from Google
Posted on June 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, saas, security
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience as a technical sales engineer or in a customer facing role.
- Experience in: PaaS, SaaS, collaboration tools, scripting, cloud based mail delivery, routing and filtering, cloud security, IAM, SSO, OAuth and 2-step verification, DLP, retention and e-discovery technologies.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience in networking concepts including routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience creating and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience in mobile device management and relevant third-party integrations.
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
As a G Suite Specialist, you will work closely with the Sales team as a SaaS subject matter expert to help customers get the most out of Google’s collaboration and productivity tools. You will help existing and prospective customers understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features and problem-solving any potential roadblocks. This will be done in a variety of ways including working directly with customers in workshops and providing access and mentoring on best practice assets with wider Customer Engineering and Solutions Architecture teams.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Share G Suite knowledge to support technical relationships with Google’s customers, including knowledge about product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel regularly for customer meetings, technical reviews and onsite delivery activities. Support, and communicate effectively with English and Mandarin speaking clients. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.