Lead DevOps Engineer - Cloud Architect
With Medtronic in Los Angeles CA USMore jobs from Medtronic
Posted on June 11, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $160k - 180k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
amazon-web-services, aws-lambda, cassandra, mongodb, linux, sysadmin
Careers that Change Lives
This DevOps leadership role is for a hands-on solutions architect who is entrepreneurial and driven to get her/his products delivered. We are advancing our data management systems to be highly cloud and AWS centric, and this position will lead our team to move quickly, with high quality and technical rigor.We need your significant experience with AWS to design and deploy using the right architecture and performance considerations. Cloud is not easy – and you know the intricate aspects that should be considered for high performance, reliability and functional scale.As our organization’s top Technical DevOps expert, you will liaison with multiple vendors and internal partners to verify strategy and architectural decisions.Our Platform and Cloud Team connects a planet’s worth of patient health data to deliver consumer and hospital solutions that make a real difference in how people live their lives every day. Our systems are truly “the core” that powers our business’ clinical studies, data analytics and customer-facing therapy solutions. A Day in the Life
- Design infrastructure roadmaps, and strategies that scale horizontally and provide the balance between security, supportability, and usability
- Design and manage AWS Cloud Formation / code deploy
- Design, build and maintain CI/CD pipelines in multiple integration and test environments
- Provision configure and monitor AWS services (Lambda, Dynamo, EMR, ElastiCache, etc.)
- Design scalable data pipelines for optimal ingestion, transformation, storage and computation
- Evaluate existing processes & tools for performance and functional improvement opportunities
- Operate as the “operational reliability” champion for our support teams so they have the right information to quickly solve field issues or application faults
- Collaborate with remote teams and drive selected work activities with offshore groups
- Communicate status regularly to peer and senior management teams.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned
- Designs, develops, tests, debugs and implements operating systems components, software tools and utilities.
- Determines systems software design requirements.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency.
- Generates systems software engineering policies, standards and procedures. Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of experience or at least 8 years of experience with a master’s degree. Nice to Have
- Experience with stream processing engines like Kafka and Apache Storm
- Experience with NoSQL Data systems (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with performance log analysis tools, such as New Relic and AppDynamics
- Working experience with hybrid cloud / DC architectures
- Strong Linux knowhow