Site Reliability Engineer
With Container Solutions in Berlin - DEMore jobs from Container Solutions
Posted on June 11, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Computing, Consulting, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
cloud, linux, security
Container Solutions is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to help to build our Support Organisation which helps clients operating complex Cloud Native infrastructures.
Container Solutions was established in 2014 to help companies take advantage of fast-evolving technology. CS has helped its clients, including many Fortune 500 companies, migrate to the cloud, build their own Cloud Native capabilities, create new Cloud Native business and adapt Cloud Native principles.
Our dedicated teams of engineers and consultants work directly with our clients to implement tailored solutions quickly and effectively. CS is now building a new business unit to help our customers on their day 2 problems applying SRE principles and help CS define highly resilient systems and infrastructures.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Understand how systems work and tweak their behaviour to your needs
- Designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Monitoring, logging, alerting, troubleshooting and applying permanent fixes on code and infrastructure level
- Designing, building, and maintaining the customer's core infrastructure
- Automating all the things
Skills and requirements:
- You have a wide experience in Networking, Security, Linux (Kernel, Namespaces, c groups)
- You feel at home in the Kubernetes world, especially the multitude of Open Source tools around Kubernetes and the CNCF World.
- You know the good and bad parts of Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or Saltstack You like reverse and performance engineering
- You automate all the things by writing code. Using bash scripts for it makes you sad :)
- You have experience with more than one programming language, including Go, and a strong architectural background
- You had a look into different CNI, CSI plugins and Prometheus
- You have practical experience with IPMI and common networking gear such as Cisco or Juniper (as a lot of our customers are still operating on premises)