Software Engineer, Software Defined Networking
With Google in Sunnyvale CA USMore jobs from Google
Posted on June 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud Services, Hardware Engineering, Internet Infrastructure
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
networking, c, user-interface, tcp, linux
Note: By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Development experience in C or C++, with Object Oriented and algorithmic experience.
- Experience with networking software (e.g., TCP/IP, IP Tables, NAT, Deep Packet Inspection, IPV4, IPV6, routing protocols, etc.).
- Experience with Software Defined Networking, Network Function Virtualization, OpenFlow, or ForCES.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience architecting and developing software for scalable, distributed systems.
- Experience with data center networking, container networking.
- Experience with LTE, Evolved Packet Core (EPC), Voice/RCS, Fast Packet Processing, Lawful Intercept, High Availability, Linux, Kernel Bypass, Fast Packet Processing
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Design software systems that interface with humans, machines and other software. At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.