Data Warehouse Developer
With Adaptavist in Tartu - EEMore jobs from Adaptavist
Posted on June 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Consulting, Software Development
Company size: 51-200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-redshift, docker, database, data-warehouse, serverless-framework, sysadmin
We help 5 million developers make better software.
Adaptavist helps some of the world’s most complex enterprises accomplish amazing things using Atlassian collaboration software. With clients in over 60 countries, Adaptavist is the leading provider of Atlassian focussed professional services, managed services, training, and Atlassian Apps to more than half of the Fortune 500.
We are looking for someone to help build out the internal Platform team to help our development teams deliver the highest quality service to our growing customer base. You would work with a rapidly growing team in the organization, in a cross-functional, Agile team.
Your team will be based in Estonia and in the UK, so experience/comfort working with a remote team is a plus.
You will be working directly with our Analytics department, scaling out our current Data Warehouse backed by Redshift, and other operational reporting platforms backed by ElasticSearch and DynamoDB. You will be developing and expanding our current AWS infrastructure, backed by Serverless/Cloudformation, with additional services developed in NodeJS, built on Lamda/Docker/K8s and deployed with Terraform. You will own the Data ingestion pipeline from Source to Warehouse, expanding on our ETL processes and ensuring all teams have the data they need to make informed decisions.
We practice continuous delivery so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily.
The team at Adaptavist is at the forefront of development, often pushing the boundaries of what is possible and experimenting with techniques and technologies. We value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, paying down technical debt.
- Familiarity with running large-scale Data Warehouses or other reporting infrastructure
- Proven track record in maintaining and developing ETL pipelines
- Natural problem solver
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Nice to have
- AWS Experience (we use ECS, S3, SNS, Redshift, DynamoDB, IAM, and more)
- Developing against RESTful endpoints
- Jenkins / Bamboo (or other CI)
- Experience with any of the following: Hadoop, Spark, Tensorflow
- Experience with Amazon Firehose or other Event ingestion frameworks
- ELK / Segment
- Showing us your pet project!
- Experience in a rapidly growing and diverse business - be part of something exciting, and be a key player in helping to shape Adaptavist now and in the years to come.
- Flexible Hours and Remote Working
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Top Spec Machines
- International Travel
- End of year Winter Conference (formally Christmas week!)
- Regular hackathons