DevOps Engineer, RDK Infrastructure
With Comcast in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Comcast
Posted on June 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, web-services, sysadmin
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is looking for a DevOps engineer to join RDK infrastructure team. As a part of the team you will be responsible for support of current RDK infrastructure which includes 500+ virtual servers located in 2 different clouds. It also includes support of number of services that cover Continuous Integration for RDK platform. The system is being actively improved in terms of security, scalability, availability. That requires a lot of automation effort and taking part in design discussions.
Daily support of machines running. Monitoring, debugging, addressing issues appear in servers;
Cloud services provisioning and administration
Linux system administration which includes but not limited to setting up OS distros, security updates, packages, users, ACL setup
DevOps automation of provisioning, deployment, monitoring processes to keep RDK infrastructure running
2+ years’ Linux CentOS / Ubuntu distributives administration
Practical experience with Amazon Web services
Good at system shell, Python, Groovy scripts writing
Experience with Apache Tomcat, Jetty, HTTP servers deployments
Experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL DB system configuration and deployments
Experience with Fabric and Ansible automation deployment tools
Experience with Openstack based clouds and services
Experience with SELinux hardened systems
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Analyzes and determines integration needs.
- Evaluates and plans software designs, test results and technical
- Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the
solution of assigned projects.
- Programs new software, web applications and supports new applications
under development and the customization of current applications.
- Edits and reviews technical requirements documentation.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit
specification and technical requirements.
- Displays knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills, and
their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design and
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, project
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer