Senior SDM, AWS Deep Learning Infrastructure
With Amazon in East Palo Alto CA USMore jobs from Amazon
Posted on June 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, networking, cloud
AWS Deep Learning Infrastructure and Frameworks organization develops and operates deep learning infrastructure services and frameworks such as TensorFlow, MXNet, Elastic Inference etc. We are looking for experienced software development manager with 15+ years of experience to lead and manage a team of 20+ engineers working on an AWS service. This role will be the engineering and operational owner of this service.
You will manage managers of multiple sub-teams and senior engineers.
You will manage and grow a high-performing development team to design, implement, and operate industry leading AWS services.
You will sustain a high pace of feature development while simultaneously designing for security and availability and scaling every aspect of the team and service at a massive rate of growth.
You will drive and make critical decisions regarding technology selection, balance feature and operational priorities, and set high standards for quality and on-time delivery.
You will define and execute against meaningful performance and operational SLAs that capture the customer experience.
You have a capacity for strategic planning in conjunction with a detail-oriented focus.
This position within AWS AI organization presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
Skills & requirements
· Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 15+ years’ experience building successful production software systems.
· 8+ year’s management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership).
· Preferred Machine learning knowledge and experience
· Preferred expertise in GPU acceleration and chip-sets
· Experience driving systems-level performance bench-marking and optimization
· Networking background
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade-offs
· Strong expertise and experience to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to customers
· Hands-on experience building large-scale systems.
· Preferred expertise and experience on cloud computing platforms
· Required distributed systems background
· Required systems level expertise in compute and networking infrastructure and services
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation