Senior Security Engineer
With Auden in Manchester - GBMore jobs from Auden
Posted on June 11, 2019
About this job
Compensation: £55k - 62k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Financial Services, Financial Technology
Company size: 11-50 people
Company type: Private
c#, owasp, serverless, nosql, amazon-web-services
Role : Senior Security Engineer - Level 3/3.5
Team : Technology
Reporting to : Head of Delivery
Location : Bonded Warehouse, Central Manchester
Salary : £55,000-£62,500
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for Senior Security Engineers to design, enhance, and build our security tooling, as well as supporting the product development teams with security guidance.
Application development/coding experience is required together with a deep understanding of Information Security and Secure Coding principles. We want someone who is excited to contribute to our company vision and long-term strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Collaborating with development teams to ensure secure coding best practices are followed
- Collaborating with development teams to support remediation of software vulnerabilities
- Evaluating new security technologies and trends and providing recommendations to strengthen our information security framework
- Performing security reviews of applications including responsibility for driving requirements definition, technical design and risk analysis
- We are looking for driven Senior Security Engineers who enjoy solving problems, who initiate solutions and discussions and who believe that any challenge can be scaled with the right mindset and tools.
- Experience implementing a security regime as part of the development lifecycle and production operation is particularly necessary.
- Experience with Information Security tools
- Excellent understanding of web applications, web servers, application technologies, frameworks and protocols with respect to application development and deployment
- Experience with AWS and securing containers in a Serverless Environment
- Strong technical background in software security design/implementation and data protection
- A strong understanding of the federation of Security credentials
- Have a deep understanding of OWASP Top 10
- Demonstrable experience with document-store, NoSQL or similar relational databases
- Experience of working on products that impact a large customer base is an advantage
Working at Auden
Based on the top floor of Manchester’s iconic Bonded Warehouse, Auden is one of the businesses at the forefront of the St. John's Development.
We are a committed equal opportunities employer and welcome applications irrespective of race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, transgender status, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital status, civil partnership or trade union activity.
Want to know more?
If all the above excites you, then we’d love to talk to you.
NO Recruitment Agencies. All CVs will be taken as gifts.
Auden is authorised by the FCA.