Splunk Senior Solution Engineer, Cyber Risk
With Deloitte in Orlando FL USMore jobs from Deloitte
Posted on June 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Consulting, Software Engineer, Technology Consulting
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
java, python, unix
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work You’ll Do
* Multitask and switch gears to meet changing priorities and tasks to accomplish goals/objectives.
* Work in a distributed team environment where team members are spread across numerous locations and often communicate virtually.
* Support a flexible work schedule (to include nights and weekends on occasion).
* Comfortable performing task lead responsibilities for small to medium software projects.
* Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
* Collaborate across the entire Deloitte organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
* Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
Skills & requirements
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related IT discipline; or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience with Splunk.
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the SSH command line interface.
- Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools.
- Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area.
- Willingness to travel up to 15%. Preferred Skills
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities.
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the area of security).
- Not required, but a plus: statistical and analytical modeling.
- Splunk Architect certification. How you’ll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Deloitte’s culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.