With Envision healthcare_ AMSURG Corporate in Nashville TN USMore jobs from Envision healthcare_ AMSURG Corporate
Posted on July 24, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
The Director, IT is responsible for directing and implementing IT operational activities for specific AMSURG Surgery Centers, as well as provide services and support solutions for critical business systems. This position will collaborate with leadership and decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for the surgery centers.
- Act as a Business Partner to Center Leadership by evaluating current state IT security and functionality and advising on future state IT strategy, solutions, and best practices. Provide IT Leadership to help develop, lead and implement the IT Operations strategic vision.
- Conduct Site visits to Centers to evaluate, document and verify existing infrastructure at the centers.
- Define key business operational IT challenges and needs across all disciplines and create effective, efficient project plans and recommendation for solutions.
- Partner with the Project teams to perform ongoing review of project status and ensure documentation of project progress including implementation, timelines, deadlines, assignments and objectives.
- Manage vendor contract compliance and pricing negotiation for IT systems, services and performance levels.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and research, evaluate, and recommend IT solutions to include costs/benefit analysis, user requirements, software updates, etc.
- Establish a comprehensive communications program that includes both formal and informal meetings, correspondence, and discussions with center leadership.
- Create/Maintain documentation for Center configuration and systems.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's degree in Informational Technology or related field from an accredited college or university. Equivalent experience can be substituted for education. Minimum of seven (7) years or more of IT experience in an enterprise environment. Prior experience in project management, server management, and network infrastructure is highly preferred. Knowledge of risk assessment tools, systems, and application architecture is also preferred.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write
business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Must be able to work well with others as well as with minimal supervision. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency. Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES
P uzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
E xcellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
O wnership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners' success
P ositive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
L eadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
E thics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Moderate travel required (up to 30%) by land and/or air.
Qualifications Skills Behaviors : Motivations : Education
Bachelors or better. Experience
7 years: IT experience in an enterprise environment
Prior experience in project management, server management, and network infrastructure is highly preferred Licenses & CertificationsPandoLogic.Category: Technology, Keywords: Director of Information Technology