Director of Product Architecture, Business Intel
With HealthStream, Inc. in Nashville TN USMore jobs from HealthStream, Inc.
Posted on July 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead, Manager
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Information Technology, Workforce Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
sql, sql-server, web-services, sysadmin
A Director of Product Architecture at HealthStream is a role that combines management and technical skills to achieve company outcomes. A person in this position manages up to six senior developers as well as guiding the development efforts of one or more teams. This position reports to the VP of Software Engineering and includes:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Providing architectural and technical guidance to one or more Scrum teams.
- Ensuring development teams are following HealthStream’s standards and best practices.
- Recommending technology selection and architectural decisions.
- Working with product leadership to develop technical strategies for larger product and platform initiatives.
- Approving resource and salary changes for personnel under them.
- Providing mentorship and career guidance to direct reports.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science preferred
- Average 10 years or more prior IT experience required
- Five or more years management experience required
- Seven or more years of hands on experience in relational database design and development using MS SQL Server including SQL Server Reporting
- Services (SSRS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
B. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated skills scaling agile and lean principles
- Demonstrated skills in creating product based solutions
- Demonstrated skills in resource management
C. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Able to turn ideas into creative & statistically sound reporting solutions
- Able to manage short deadlines and motivate team to complete projects accurately and timely
- Work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Able to interact with various levels of management and is required to act in a professional and confidential manner
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.