With IMC Trading in Amsterdam - NLMore jobs from IMC Trading
Posted on August 09, 2019
About this job
Compensation: €70k - 85k
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Internship
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Capital Markets, Financial Technology, High Frequency Trading
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Private
networking, routing, multicast, python, bash, sysadmin
IMC Network Engineer
IMC - Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone does not cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Do you enjoy the process of problem-solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
We are looking for a medior-level Network Engineer (4-5 years of relevant experience), who is passionate about all aspects of networking and gets a thrill out of designing, implementing and supporting high-performance networks.
You are a capable engineer with an appetite for accuracy and are not afraid to go beyond the standard text-book concepts of networking. You thrive on working in a high pace environment and on collaborating in cross-functional teams. The ability to clearly communicate - both verbally and written - technical concepts and challenges to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is a must. Apart from networking, you have basic skills in Linux administration and Bash/Python scripting, and you’re willing to continuously expand your knowledge in these areas.
The Network Engineers in the Trading Infrastructure team at IMC are responsible for designing, implementing and supporting the WAN, LANs and all low-latency connectivity to trading venues. They work closely with our Systems Engineers, other teams and external parties to provide best in class infrastructure solutions supporting our trading business.
- Monitor, guard and analyze the proper functioning of our network infrastructure. Take adaptive, retentive and corrective measures and perform structural maintenance. Key areas include Low-latency networking, Unicast and Multicast routing, OSPF, BGP, PIM SM, as well as things like QoS, STP, NAT, protocol tuning and many more.
- Responsible for the wired and wireless infrastructures in our office, consisting of Cisco and Aruba equipment
- Responsibility for our IT security-related platforms. Key areas include Palo Alto firewalls, VPNs, Security policies, etc
- Proactively improve our infrastructure and remove manual overhead by automation (e.g. Bash, Python)
- Accurately create and maintain documentation detailing the implemented network components, as well as relevant procedures and other documentation
- Work flexible hours. We are proud of the uptime of the trading environment, so every now and then you will be working outside of regular business hours to apply critical changes. This could be from your desk, your couch at home or also inside of one of our datacenters abroad.
- Liaise with external vendors, exchanges and providers to explore new technology solutions, implement new services or troubleshoot problems.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are implemented.
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilizing the solution as quick as we can.
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all three regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where people can have the biggest impact.
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets and how exchanges work. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. We will not accept less.
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized and into practice from anybody within our organization.