Senior Software Development Engineer
With Amazon in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Amazon
Posted on August 09, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: E-Commerce, Retail, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
linux, amazon-web-services, sysadmin, c++
Annapurna Labs is an integral part of AWS and develops HW and SW components that compose of EC2 infrastructure. Annapurna functions as a start-up inside of Amazon, working as a small company. To learn more about Annapurna please watch the following videos form the recent re:Invent conference:
We are looking for Sr. Software Development Engineer with extensive background in development and maintenance of Linux ethernet drivers to become a lead developer of Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) driver.
You'll work with hardware architects on definition of future ENA devices.
You'll take part in driver development and will make sure the driver is up-to-date with the latest technology trends.
You'll interact with customers and Linux community.
This position is initiative. This position requires experience in embedded environment, Linux kernel, good understanding of HW/SW interfaces and intimate knowledge of major network protocols. You will be building an innovative system solution, and work closely with talented AWS teams of software and hardware engineers.
Skills & Requirements · Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 5+ years professional experience in developing and maintenance of Linux ethernet drivers
· Good understanding of Linux network stack internals
· Hands-on experience with embedded environments
· Hands-on experience with Linux kernel
· Proficiency in modern programming languages
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Familiarity with Linux upstreaming procedure
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation