Software Engineering Lead - WebScale Team
With Criteo in Paris - FRMore jobs from Criteo
Posted on August 09, 2019
About this job
Compensation: €60k - 90k | Equity
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: Backend Developer
Industry: Ad Tech, Advertising Technology, AI Research
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
c#, apache-kafka, java
Who we are
At Criteo, we connect 1.5 billion active shoppers with the things they need and love.
Our technology takes an algorithmic approach to predict what user we show an ad to, when, and for what products. Our dataset is about 50 petabytes in Hadoop (more than 120 TB extra per day) and we take less than 10ms to respond to an ad request.
This is truly big data and machine learning without the buzzwords.
If scale and complexity excite you, join us.
Most of all, we are creators. From designing ground-breaking products to solving technical challenges at an exceptional scale, our tech teams work with state of the art methodologies to shape the future of our datacenters
The SRE Webscale team builds the frameworks and SDKs that keeps our 15k+ servers functioning like clockwork. Their low-latency code is critical to support business in processing over 5M QPS (300B+ HTTP requests/day)
What you will do:
You will take the lead of an engineering team in the the Web Scalability group. The team owns part of our internal SDK, providing technical services & features to our Product Engineering teams.
The main challenges ahead are:
• Ownership and convergence of our dimension-based configuration solutions, powering all A/B Tests in the company.
• High performance and stability of our in-house C# Kafka, Memcache & Couchbase drivers.
• Re-design our distributed caching solutions on top of relational databases for increased scalability.
• Manage a small number of engineers in the team (4-5).
• Effectively prioritize and make calls regarding team roadmap and deliverables.
• Contribute code in the team among engineers (this is a very hands-on role).
• Solve problems at a scale you never experienced previously.
• Work with you fellow team leads and principal engineers in the group who will be able to support you.
Who you are
- Solid development engineer experience with high-level object-oriented language such as C# (preferably) & Java.
- Experience or deep interest in online, real-time distributed systems.
- Experience with balancing a hands-on engineering role while managing teams of 3-5 engineers.
- Good communication skills both written and spoken in English.
- “can do” attitude and an ability to work around problems by thinking positively and in a collaborative manner.
- Previous experience in web scalability, Kafka, Distributed caches & C# is a definitely plus