QA Engineer (Cyber Security Products)
With F-Secure in Basingstoke - GBMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on August 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
elasticsearch, security, testing, sql, automation, sysadmin
Countercept is a division of MWR InfoSecurity, and F-Secure company, that specialises in attack detection and response. We offer a Managed Detection & Response (MDR) service, with a focus on defending highly targeted organisations against sophisticated attacks. Countercept’s Research & Development team is responsible for creating a proprietary technology stack used by our teams to hunt for and contain adversaries before they reach their objective.
What we need…
We’re enthusiastic to bring on board individuals who are passionate about technology and are actively seeking to improve their knowledge in their spare time. Being part of the Information Security industry, Countercept is constantly working with cutting edge, new technologies. On that subject, the team is looking for like-minded individuals who enjoy staying at the forefront of technology news.
In this role you will be responsible for creating automated test cases for Countercept’s various software components. We are looking for team members that can bring a wealth of experience in testing components and finding faults in an automated way before they make it into production. Various levels of experience from graduate through to senior are welcome.
- Creation of test cases for Countercept software components
- Writing feature verification tests / automated test scripts
- Researching and building automated solutions to common manual tests
- Debugging and fixing issues on test and production environments
- Development and maintenance of automated test infrastructure
- Working with the R&D team to achieve high quality software
Who we think will be a great fit…
- OO programming skills and interest
- SQL and NoSQL database knowledge (ideally Elasticsearch)
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies
- Automation skills in a Continuous Integration/Delivery environment
- Creatively-minded, able to work and enjoy finding solutions to unique problems
Bonus points for...
- Experience working in Linux
- ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Personal automation projects and other programming activities at home
At F-Secure you can be who you are – bring your best self to the game and help us outsmart cyber security threats.
Join us and make the connected world a safer place! We will look forward to your application and salary request.