Site Reliability Engineer
With HealthEngine in Perth - AUMore jobs from HealthEngine
Posted on August 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Digital Health, Information Technology
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
python, amazon-web-services, continuous-integration
This is your chance to join a team of forward-thinking, change-making individuals collectively transforming the way healthcare is delivered. Operating at the intersection of two fast-growing industries – health and tech – you’ll play an active role in shaping the future of healthcare in Australia.
- Develop and manage our platform using Kubernetes.
- Implement and improve existing CI/CD pipelines using buildkite.
- Implement and improve infrastructure as code using CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Work with engineering product teams to release services promptly using Helm.
- Build integrations between various alerting, metrics, and logging systems to allow for autonomous monitoring and alert using ELK, Prometheus and Grafana.
- Ability to identify and mitigate common security threats and vulnerabilities posed in a CI/CD environment, including determining what controls can be implemented to reduce unnecessary risk exposures.
- Respond to availability incidents and provide support for engineers with customer incidents
- DevOps mindset, ability to automate processed between software teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of AWS services or other cloud providers
- Infrastructure as code experience (eg CloudFormation/Terraform/Ansible/Puppet)
- Experience with containerisation; Docker or related (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Scripting Experience (e.g. Python/Go/Bash)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and autonomously.
- Development experience in PHP/Node.js/Python
- CI/CD experience with buildkite/Jenkins
- Advanced knowledge of logging and monitoring tools ELK stack/Opsgenie/ AWS CloudWatch
- Database monitoring and performance tuning
- CI/CD tools with practical experience in securing services based on CIS benchmarks and exposure to SecOps and automation scripting
- Exposure to threat modelling and security safeguard implementation
What's on offer:
HealthEngine is where you’ll be your best self. You’ll collaborate with smart, interesting people who will challenge you to be better. You will learn lots and grow even more. There’s no limit to your progress — your future’s what you make of it.
- A diverse culture of smart creative individuals who are passionate about HealthEngine’s mission and vision
- An open-plan office with a variety of spaces for working and socialising
- Regular social events from mini golf, to afternoon drinks, birthday-brunches, hackathons and huge end of year celebrations
A bit about us:
HealthEngine is a purpose-led business, on a mission to make healthcare better for all. We’re dedicated to simplifying Australia’s complex healthcare system through modern, innovative technology. Transforming the way patients access healthcare, we’re seamlessly connecting patients and practices while providing practitioners with tech solutions to improve the patient healthcare journey.
If you’ve got some ambitious aspirations to kick some serious career goals, the rocket ship is launching, the flight path set. Suit up and climb aboard.