Software Engineer: Site Reliability and Infrastructure
With Sticker Mule in Multiple locationsMore jobs from Sticker Mule
Posted on August 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $90k - 115k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: eCommerce, Manufacturing
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
bash, kubernetes, go, docker, google-cloud-platform
Sticker Mule is looking for Site Reliability Engineers to help improve the reliability and performance of our cloud infrastructure.
In this role, you'll also build and maintain the tools our engineers use to deploy our services dozens of times a day.
Your work will meaningfully impact the experience of our customers and the happiness of our engineering teams.
What you'll do
- You'll design, build, and maintain the tools our software engineers use daily to develop, test, and deploy services.
- You'll work to improve the performance, reliability, and security of the Sticker Mule cloud infrastructure.
- You'll collaborate with other engineering teams and stakeholders to ensure we're always building the right solution.
- You'll share your expertise with other members of the team, review your peers' code, and mentor other engineers.
- You'll participate in periodic on-call duties.
- You have been a professional software engineer for 3+ years.
- You're highly skilled in two or more general-purpose languages, and one of those languages is Go.
- You have Linux roots, you contain with Docker, you schedule with Kubernetes.
- You have automated complex tasks with Bash.
- You have practical experience with more than one cloud provider, AWS and Google Cloud would be especially beneficial.
- You used logging, monitoring and distributed tracing systems.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Why you should join
We believe high performing organizations include people from different backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to building a safe, supportive work environment where team members can bring their diverse perspectives.
In joining the Sticker Mule team, you'll have the opportunity to make a significant impact as part of a small, highly motivated team.
We have a large variety of interesting technical problems, and we offer above-market compensation.
We strive to provide a sensible balance between work and non-work, and we allow you to define your own schedule.
How the process works
- You’ll send us your application including samples of your code and writing. Alternatively, if you don’t have any samples or can’t provide them, you can do a take-home test. Selected candidates will be invited to begin our interview process:
- An introductory interview
- A technical discussion with other engineers, where we'll go through your technical background and the samples you provided. We might also ask you a few technical questions.
- A final meeting with our VP of HR.
Compensation and benefits
- $90,000-$115,000+ depending on experience.
- Signing bonus.
- 4 weeks vacation.