SRE/DevOps Engineer (AWS)
With Rovio Entertainment Ltd. in Espoo - FIMore jobs from Rovio Entertainment Ltd.
Posted on August 10, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Entertainment, Mobile Game
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Public
Welcome to Rovio!
Are you eager to apply your devops talent and craft in bringing mobile F2P games to life? Does the term “Infrastructure as Code” make your heart sing? Do you have vision and drive on how to do cloud operations and site reliability engineering at scale? If so, you might be just the SRE Devops Engineer we are looking for to join our Cloud Operations team in Espoo, Finland.
Your responsibilities as SRE DevOps Engineer will include:
In this position you will be part of a central and highly respected team at Rovio operating, supporting and developing our Cloud Platform designed for automation, scalability and operational simplicity. The Rovio Games Cloud Platform serves hundreds of millions of users responding to thousands of requests per second from all corners of the globe.
Joining us now you will get to play a significant role in how we migrate to containerizing major parts of our platform and how we take our current cloud infrastructure automation to the next level. You will get a chance to work with and master a wide variety of technologies and your work will have a real impact on the direction and quality of our services. As you grow into your role you will be looked to company-wide as an expert in all things related to cloud infrastructure and its architecture, and your team will give you all the support you need to get there.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years hands-on experience with devops/linux system administration and working experience with the concepts of automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS (other cloud providers a plus)
- Troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills
- Scripting skills (e.g. Python, shell)
- Analytical and data-driven mindset, ability to independently evaluate, implement and operate complex systems
- Excellent team work and social skills
What you get when you join us:
- We will help you to grow and achieve your professional goals
- Our team is hands-on, open, collaborative and ambitious. And we do have fun together!
- You will get to work in a truly international environment: you will hear a number of languages in our workplace and can join a variety of activities that we come up with together
- A work week with us would most probably include joint breakfasts with your colleagues from around the world, a massage time, gaming sessions, Friday beers and also some actual work.
- Becoming a Rovian brings along benefits such as cell phone and laptop from our top models, sports vouchers and access to learning platforms and books. Also breakfast, gaming area, gym, and sauna.
- In case you'd be moving from abroad, we'll offer you relocation support and make sure you have a smooth start with us in Helsinki.
Don't keep us waiting but send your application already today! Remember to include a CV and cover letter.
First meeting: before diving deeper into your tech skills, we want to know who you are and what motivates you. This is also an opportunity for you to learn more about Rovio.
Second rounds: Technical interview along with a discussion with the team lead. Our aim is to get a clear overview of your skills, how you would fit with our working culture, your ambitions and where we can help you develop. We also try to give you a chance to meet the wider team.