DevOps Engineer III
With LoyaltyOne in Toronto - CAMore jobs from LoyaltyOne
Posted on August 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Big Data, DevOps, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
cloud, web-services, amazon-web-services, jenkins, docker, sysadmin
The AIR MILES® Rewards Program has earned the trust and support of more than two-thirds of Canadian households. For over two decades, we have helped our Partners use Canada’s most widely accepted loyalty currency, AIR MILES® reward miles, to influence customer behavior, drive profitability, and build long-term relationships.
Check us out – LoyaltyOne on | LinkedIn | Glassdoor | Facebook |Twitter | Blog | Instagram
What you will do:
Working within a dynamic and creative software development team to build and maintain web and mobile e-commerce solutions for the Airmiles loyalty program.
At this level, you will provide the subject matter expertise for solutions and applications required for tooling planning and delivery. Recommending the best options for product objectives using knowledge of trends, best practices and leading-edge techniques.
What we look for in you:
- Architects solid technical design and approach by focusing on quality and security while providing massive scalability, real-time processing and platform high availability.
- Provide team support and mentorship in developing or maintaining solutions or systems and balance competing needs and requirements.
- Ability to focus on providing Developers with a highly robust and scalable cloud native software delivery platform, tooling and flexible CI/CD framework
- Take responsibility for maintaining and building cloud infrastructure and managing enterprise components through codifying infrastructure, security, automation and driving enablement
- Understanding of the overall business and developer processes
- Stay abreast of product direction and planned advancements all while delivering within quality standards and acceptance criteria
- Be the subject matter expert in troubleshooting, defect fixing and pager support
- Keep up to date on necessary technical knowledge, trends and best practice techniques from industry and internal subject matter experts and communities of practice
- Take on a mentorship role with more junior members of the team
Who you are:
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
We are looking for you to bring to the team:
- A desire to learn and grow
- Passion, excitement and creativity
- Open mind to new ideas and delivery
Technologies that we use or will be using. Help us discover and learn more!
- AWS Platform, Products and Services
- CI/CD methods and approaches
- Programming languages and scripting
- “Infrastructure as Code” technologies
- Container Platforms
- Agile Engineering
Interesting perks at LoyaltyOne:
- High impact role with interesting challenges
- Flexible hours and strong work life balance
- Subsidized catered bistro café
- Great health and wellness benefits
- One of the highest performing companies in the market (NYSE: ADS)
You would describe yourself as having:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related field
- Enthusiasm and experience working in an Agile team environment
- 3 to 5 years of directly related work experience in software development
LoyaltyOne is part of the successful Alliance Data family of companies that provide the full range of data-driven loyalty, marketing and credit solutions in more than 80 locations across the globe. Working with more than 100 leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including one of the leading coalition loyalty programs in the world, the AIR MILES® Reward Program, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more. LoyaltyOne has broadened its horizons geographically by growing Precima in the European market. With the recent acquisition of BrandLoyalty in the Netherlands, LoyaltyOne has gained the expertise of a global leader in short-term loyalty campaigns, along with a client network that extends throughout Europe and Asia.
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) is a leading global provider of data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today's most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and emerging technologies. An S&P 500 and Fortune 500 company headquartered in Plano, Texas, Alliance Data consists of three businesses that together employ more than 16,000 associates at approximately 100 locations worldwide. http://www.alliancedata.com
Alliance Data is an Employment Opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities in accordance with legislation.
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify.