Digital Application Support Lead
With Walgreens in Deerfield IL USMore jobs from Walgreens
Posted on August 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Pharmacy, Retail
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
less, web-services, windows, unix, linux
Digital Application Support Lead
Under minimal direction, responsible for leading and overseeing, instructing, directing, creating, and checking the work of the team. Knowledgeable in new technologies, products or applications. Leads a team responsible for high system availability and exceptional customer experience in multiple lines of business. Implements protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards and plays a key role in executing new initiatives.
As a technical and operational escalation point accountable for Operations Center, the lead demonstrates technical expertise and performs as the hands-on subject matter advisor while effectively collaborates with business partners, technical teams, and external vendors.
Job Responsibilities - Leads operational activities that develop and implement multiple components / processes of a specified area within the specified area of responsibility.
- Ensures issues are tracked and summaries presents to management with resolution.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems that are complex in nature. Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing hardware and software.
- May develop protocols to support established standards. May develop the technical roadmap, design specifications and lead initiative implementations.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes.
- Participates in the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May allocate, track and/or lead the work of individual contributors and/or contractors. Participates in teaching and training members of work team.
- Ensures the standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies. Ensure followed accordingly.
- Ensures overall technology performance for specified area and ensures corrective measures are put into place proactively.
- May lead, allocate and track the daily work of team members and/or contractors. Modifies the daily operations of the team and makes adjustments to short term priorities. Prioritizes and monitors team tasks.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience mentoring less experienced team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience working in IT Operations - systems engineering, database and network operations, and systems administration.
- Experience working with cloud computing solutions
- Experience supporting mission critical production applications
- Experienced hands-on incident manager for mission critical environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Organized, flexible and able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Must be a team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills, keen attention to detail
- Experience identifying operational issues, monitoring and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience executing time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment
- At least 4 years of experience leading technical teams
- Experience writing and analyzing SQL statements, and conducting research and aggregate data for troubleshooting
- Experience creating scripts for automation, troubleshooting and reporting in Windows, Unix and Linux systems
- Experience working in a cross-functional, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience creating, editing and analyzing reports based on incidents and producing quantifiable impact
If interested in this position please apply at: