With Ridgeline International, Inc. in McLean VA USMore jobs from Ridgeline International, Inc.
Posted on August 12, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Agile Software Development, Defence & Security, Network Engineering
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
linux, vmware, automation, centos, ansible, sysadmin
What you will do:
The Systems Administration team within the Strategy Office specializes in the Research and Development of secure communication technologies for use in tactical and commercial environments. The strategy office consists of Software Developers, Hardware Developers, Systems Engineers/Administrators, Cyber Security professionals, and Data Scientists. This diverse team allows us to create comprehensive integrated solutions for our customers in 4G/LTE, World-Wide Networking, IT Systems, Drone and Hardware Development, RF Engineering, and Cyber Security industries. Under supervision, conduct periodic Operations and Maintenance tasks in a medium/large production environment. Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner. Execute development and implementation tasks at the direction of the Strategy Office as needed.
The skills we are looking for are:
- Familiarity with Linux CLI.
- Familiarity with RHEL/CentOS Operating Systems.
- VMWare vSphere and vCenter.
- Cisco Switching technologies.
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 Tunneling Protocols, and Virtual Private Networks.
- Orchestration with Ansible automation.
- Experience working in a high-security environment.
- Familiarity with commercial grade firewalls
- Familiarity with Android Mobile Devices
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift 50lbs
What you need to qualify:
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, or comparable relevant experience (or a combination of).
- Three to five years of experience working in a NOC and Helpdesk environment (Tier 1 and Tier 2 Support) supporting users and troubleshooting common issues.
- CompTIA Security+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Routing and Switching (CCNP Desired)