Cloud Security Architect
With Bloomberg BNA in Arlington VA USMore jobs from Bloomberg BNA
Posted on August 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Digital Media, Publishing
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
cloud, security, amazon-web-services
Job Description Summary
Under supervision of the Director of Product and Infrastructure Security, the Cloud Security Architect serves as a subject matter expert in all areas of cloud security. The qualified individual will provide security architecture requirements to various development and infrastructure teams across the organization, and provide expertise on policy and procedure creation.
This individual is also expected to contribute to additional tasks in a cross-functional product and infrastructure security team.
- Build solutions to identify and classify data within cloud environments, and implement controls to monitor and protect this information.
- Oversee the work of less experienced staff, and provide technical guidance.
- Oversee and implement Identity and Access Management.
- Ensure secure deployment of internal and public facing applications in the cloud.
- Provide expertise on Cloud Network Security.
- Develop and evaluate Cloud Policy.
- Implement security automation and orchestration.
- Implement logging and monitoring of events in the cloud. Additional Responsibilities:
- Align technical standards and solutions with overall business and technology strategy.
- Identify and communicate current and emerging security threats.
- Work with Incident Response team to build in ability to rapidly detect, contain, investigate, eradicate, and recover from security incidents.
- Analyze existing and proposed architectures, identify security gaps, and recommend improvements.
- Work with Information Policy and Compliance team to ensure architecture solutions facilitate compliance with corporate policies and standards.
- Represent the Information Security team on security matters across the organization.
- Participate in recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and performance management of new team members.
- Participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Deep technical skills in cloud architecture and security.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to executive leadership.
- Good project management with strong interpersonal skills.
- Work with and mentor others, and lead by example to develop proficient and productive teams.
- Self-directed learner with a proven ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and display enthusiasm for challenges.
- Willing to be cross-trained across different security domains.
- Team-oriented with ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including upper management, IT leaders, and technology vendors.
- Well-versed with common web application and cloud security flaws and exploitation techniques as put forth by sources such as SANS, OWASP, and Cloud Security Alliance (CSA).
- Familiar with threat models for large, distributed systems and cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure). Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 6+ years’ combined experience in information security, cloud and cloud security architecture, software development, and/or network engineering.
- Experience producing in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience in information security including web application assessment and vulnerability research.
- Experience with SIEM technologies such as Splunk.
- AWS Certified Security Specialty preferred.