Distributed Systems Devops Engineer
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on August 12, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
ruby, python, go, kubernetes, azure-devops
You will work closely with development and build engineering teams to identify and resolve issues in our host-provisioning service. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of distributed computing and hardware virtualization, and he/she will bring a software engineering mindset to the design and operation of distributed systems.
•3+ years experience writing software in Ruby, Python, or Go
•3+ years of QA, DevOps or Site Reliability experience
•Experience with Kubernetes, Mesos, AWS or similar technologies
•Strong Interpersonal communication skills
- Serve as a primary point who is responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our internal service.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the platform is designed with operability in mind. - Drive standardization efforts across multiple services Identify and lead efforts to improve automation.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.