Staff Systems Engineer, Network and Cloud Infrastructure, Platform
With Quantcast in San Francisco CA USMore jobs from Quantcast
Posted on August 12, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Machine Learning
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, linux, gcp, sysadmin
Quantcast is hiring a Staff Systems Engineer to work on the Network and Cloud Infrastructure team in our San Francisco office.
As the real-time pulse of the Internet, Quantcast uses machine learning to drive human learning. We’ve built one of the largest computing infrastructures on the planet, collecting a constant stream of data from over 100 billion events a day, across 100+ million directly-measured destinations. In addition to this global network, Quantcast has engineered premier map-reduce and real-time processing clusters at a massive scale, processing an average of 30+ PB of data every single day for various machine learning and data mining applications.
You will have a strong cloud infrastructure background (AWS), hands-on experience with configuration management tools, administration of Linux/Unix systems, and be well versed in core network protocols like TCP, HTTPS, syslog, and DNS.
You are passionate about understanding and putting together components of a complex system in Production. You are able to deconstruct and understand the runtime characteristics of opensource systems or ones built by the team. You like to work with engineers to debug problems in production and suggest improvements in monitoring or deployment processes.
- Own operational excellence through automation, monitoring, and incident analysis
- Define security roadmaps and set technical strategy for the team
- Mentor and grow the more junior engineers on the team
- Develop tools that scale and ease the administration of our systems
- Work with other Network and Systems Engineers to make our platform more elastic and fault tolerant
- Own the development of systems that integrate our data centers with Amazon Web Services
- Own projects from the discovery, design, implementation, delivery, and documentation to support the different services provided by our team
- B.S. in computer science or equivalent field and 7+ years of professional experience
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS (GCP is a +)
- Linux system administration/automation experience
- Track record of driving operational excellence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication and documentation skills
- Organized, detail-oriented personality
- Experience with Python and bash programming languages