Senior Systems Engineer (BBC Studios)
With British Broadcasting Corporation in London - GBMore jobs from British Broadcasting Corporation
Posted on August 13, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Broadcast, Digital Media, Entertainment
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
python, cloud, terraform, agile, linux
We’re looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with skills in systems administration, development, automation & testing to help evolve and maintain our DevOps platforms and aide our progression towards fully cross-functional DevOps teams.
The successful candidate will be working alongside other like minded colleagues on a number of exciting commercial projects for BBC Studios. Delivering and supporting solutions using the latest cloud platform and microservices tools & technologies.
We are looking for a new team member who is an advocate of continuous improvement and is confident in challenging outdated or outmoded practices.
There is considerable opportunity for career development and continued learning in this challenging and rewarding role.
- Implementing cloud infrastructure & software solutions
- Templating common patterns to allow for automation and re-use
- Setting direction for infrastructure implementation
- Communicating best practice via presentations, pairing & documentation
- Looking for and implementing platform improvements
- Ensuring best practice is followed
- Continuing the movement to DevOps
Are you the right candidate?
- Experience in building cloud infrastructure with Terraform or similar
- Experience in programming languages. i.e. Java, NodeJS
- Experience in scripting languages. i.e. Python, Ruby, Bash
- Hands on working with TDD
- Linux administration experience
- Kubernetes, Microservices or Docker experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Familiar with Agile working practices